ADSM-L

TSM disk and DB volume size

2004-08-13 09:57:48
Subject: TSM disk and DB volume size
From: Tae Kim <tkim AT MFSP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:57:34 -0400
Hi all I wanted to find out what would be ideal size disk and DB volume.
The disk volume will reside on a storage sub system and so will the DB.  the
disk from the storage subsystem will be raid 5 array. I was planning to
assign two disks, one large one for storage pool and the other small one for
DB from the storage subsystem. Is this a wise choice? Would it be better to
have multiple volumes for disk and DB? I don't really see a point in this
because it will be going to the same raid array in the storage sub system
anyway. And would be an ideal size for DB, log and disk pool volumes?

TIA

Tae