ADSM-L

OT: How to prune all those "other" Win log files?

2004-08-12 17:11:28
Subject: OT: How to prune all those "other" Win log files?
From: "T. Lists" <tracylists AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:11:14 -0700
This is a Windows question, not a TSM question ...

How can you "prune" a log file (not dsmsched.log or
dsmerror.log) to keep it to a manageable size?  We've
got a lot of other log files generated by the TDP
software on the clients, and they are growing quite
large.

Were this unix, I'd just tail out the last 100 or so
lines of the file and save that.  How can you
accomplish something similar with Windows/MSDos?