ADSM-L

ANR6913W - no volumes with backup data exist in copy storage pool

2004-08-12 12:52:10
Subject: ANR6913W - no volumes with backup data exist in copy storage pool
From: "T. Lists" <tracylists AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:51:29 -0700
Hey all,

Every day when I run DR prepare, I've been getting
this warning message for one of my copy storage pools:

ANR6913W PREPARE: No volumes with backup data exist in
copy storage pool COPY_POOL_2.

I've looked up the verbage on the warning, and it
says:

ANR6913W Command: No volumes with backup data exist in
copy storage pool storage pool name.
Explanation: A copy storage pool does not contain any
volumes with usable data.
System Action: Stanzas in the recovery plan do not
include recovery information for any volumes in the
storage pool.
User Response: Determine why this storage pool has no
volumes with usable data.

So, I search the copy pool and it does contain
volumes, and they do have something on them.  When I
look at the DR plan, these volumes do show up in the
RECOVERY.VOLUMES.REQUIRED section.

So, I'm stumped.  What does this mean?  I have other
copy storage pools, but this one is the only one that
seems to generate the message.  What am I not seeing?

Thanks,
T.