ADSM-L

Checked in volumes could not be mounted

2004-08-10 12:00:58
Subject: Checked in volumes could not be mounted
From: Tomas Nalevajko <nalevajk AT DCS.FMPH.UNIBA DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:57:52 +0200
Hi all,

I'm encountering problems by our client with checked in volumes. Could
someone suggest me some actions in this case? Or did someone see similar
case before? Many thanks.

Case: q libvol gives list of volumes in library. some of them can be used
for backup but some of them no. I identified those volumes and tried to
check them out but tsm didn't take them out of the library. So I turned
library off, took out volumes, turned on library, audited library and
through the mailslot I checked volumes in (checkin libvol dell136t
stat=scratch checkl=barcode search=bulk). Now, if I'm trying to make for
example backup of tsm db (backup db dev=sdltdrive vol=<volname> type=full
scratch=yes), tsm fails with error message (Mount request denied for
volume <volname> - volume not available.)

TSM5.2 on RH Linux with DELL136T library.

--
Nalevajko Tomas

e-mail: nalevajk AT dcs.fmph.uniba DOT sk
homepage: www.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~nalevajk