ADSM-L

FC 3590E1A per HBA

2004-08-05 20:08:49
Subject: FC 3590E1A per HBA
From: rh <rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:08:34 -0700
Hi,

I saw somewhere in the list that IBM recommends two
3590 FC drives per HBA. Is this published somewhere or
just "word of mouth"? If there is a planning document
that discusses this I would be interested in the link.
I currently have 16 drives across four 6228 HBA's on
an AIX box. I've seen some discussions and math about
throughput etc., but there should be some rule of
thumb that can guide me to whether I have a
"reasonable' configuration or not. HBA's aren't cheap
so I'd hate to require 8 of them.

Thanks,
Rod Hroblak
ADP