ADSM-L

Re: TSM Backup of Novell Groupwise

2004-08-04 14:15:19
Subject: Re: TSM Backup of Novell Groupwise
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:14:00 -0500
One thing to keep in mind regarding OFM/Groupwise backups.  At first we
were having trouble getting the volume to sync correctly during a
backup.  We had to change the OFM properties for that client (under the
"NSS" tab) to an initial cache size of 4096K.  It was initially too
small,  and the cache couldn't grow fast enough to keep the volume in
sync.  This may not be a problem for you however, depending on how big
your groupwise PO is.

>>> jlepre AT NECA DOT ORG 08/04 9:47 AM >>>
All you need to do is backup the GWADMIN and GWISE directories. No
special management class is needed. To restore, restore the above
directories into a separate NDS tree and bring up groupwise

>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 08/04/04 10:41AM >>>
Does anyone Backup Novell Groupwise? I understand that there
is a file that has to be retained longer than the oldest
mailbox file. I believe we need to make up a special
management class to retain the file when we back up
Novell GroupWise backups. I am not a Novell or Groupwise
person does anyone know of such a file?

Also it looks like the Novell client I am working with is going
to purchase OPFM St. Bernard Software, Anyone have any
negative issues with this software working with TSM?

Thanks for any comments/hints/help/advice in advance!

Novell TSM client 5.2.2
Netware OS 6.5 SP2
Groupwise 6.0/6.5
Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.