ADSM-L

Delete file space by description

2004-07-30 17:20:18
Subject: Delete file space by description
From: Greg <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:12:45 -0700
Hi,

Is there a way to delete file space based on the description used to
archive it? I have several file systems that have been archived from
time to time. However last week by mistake the file systems were
archived for seven years. These archives we spread amongst 6 file
systems and total over 2TB. So I would like to get the tape space back.

The only way I can find to delete the archives is by file space.
However if I delete file space for the file systems I am worried that
it will delete all archives for the FSID, not just the one archive I
want to delete.

TSM Server - AIX 4.3.3 running 5.1.6.5
Client - OS X 10.3.4 running 5.2.2

The OS X box is headless.. so all admin work is done via the shell.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Greg