ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL errors backing up SQLSERVER Cluster on Windows2003

2004-07-30 16:20:02
Subject: Re: TDP SQL errors backing up SQLSERVER Cluster on Windows2003
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:19:31 -0400
Doing some more research on Microsoft and talking with the client, they
re-addressed the cluster on 7/26 when they moved it into their new CISCO
switch with VLAN's configured. I think they changed all the IP addresses
except for the IP address of the SQL Server virtual instance. I found a
couple articles on Microsoft about TCP not binding to the correct port after
an IP change to the cluster. I forwarded those articles to the client, but I
don't know if this is the problem either. The TDP backups worked before the
IP address change, so I'm hopeful!

This box is going production in a week and the backups dont' work now! Even
though it's a SQL error that is being returned, the DBA's point to TSM. So
it's up to me to fix it.

This is the KB article that level-2 referred to in my PMR. The DBA says
that's not the problem. They are using TCP, not named-pipes. The DBA says he
can back up the database via SQL Server manager, so it's not a SQL problem!

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.