ADSM-L

HP-UX Web client not using client option sets?

2004-07-29 14:26:54
Subject: HP-UX Web client not using client option sets?
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:26:27 -0400
TSM server 5.2.2.5 on HP-UX 11.11
TSM client 5.1.5.0 & 5.2.2.0 HP-UX 11.11

I use client option sets to centralize & control our include/exclude
list on different nodes, and although the scheduled incremental backups
seem to work correctly, I have noticed that when I bring up the web
client for my HP-UX nodes, it appears that none of my statements in the
assigned client option set are being used.  For example, I have an
"exclude.fs '/crash'", but the web gui will allow me to back it up.  It
doesn't look like my windows clients have this issue.

I haven't been able to find any reason for this in the user docs, this
listserv, or IBM's web site.  Can anyone out there confirm or deny that
this is true for them?

Steve Schaub
Storage Systems Engineer II
Haworth, Inc