ADSM-L

Re: Infrastructure design questions -- I need input please

2004-07-29 01:30:08
Subject: Re: Infrastructure design questions -- I need input please
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:29:53 -0500
Don't forget to consider the possibility that your disaster could happen
the other way around - the swarms of locusts may consume your hotsite,
leaving only your "primary site" functional. If the only copy of the
data is over there, you're in the same boat, up the same creek, without
the same paddle, as before you started all this DR planning.

OTOH, if you aren't doing archives, and if none of the systems being
backed up to TSM are at the hotsite, the "offsite backup" could be
considered to be the original client node machines back at the primary
site.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====