ADSM-L

Re: Changing Policy Domains

2004-07-23 12:42:56
Subject: Re: Changing Policy Domains
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:42:00 -0400
You will have to "def assoc" to add them to a backup schedule in the new
domain.  If you want to move the existing data to the new storagepool
structure, you will need to do "move nodedata NODE from=OLDSTGPOOL
to=NEWSTGPOOL" for the primary tape pool.  Your normal "backup stg"
processing will create the new copies in the copypool tape storagepool.
If you want to then get rid of the data in the old copypool stgpool, you
will have to "delete vol xxxx discarddata=yes" for each of the copypool
tapes that contain data for that node.  You will need to restart the
scheduler on the node.

>>> zforray AT VCU DOT EDU 7/23/2004 11:51:54 AM >>>
What are the pitfalls/gotchas/hazards/ROT/suggestions of changing a
NODES
Policy Domain ?

I really need to move some nodes to different PD's so I can move their
management classes to use different, non-collocated storage pools !  I
can't move the whole PD/MC since there are some heavy-hitters I can't
move
due to the size of the non-collocated storagepool.