ADSM-L

Re: TSM Recovery Techniques Using Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)

2004-07-22 08:35:55
Subject: Re: TSM Recovery Techniques Using Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:34:02 +0100
Richard,

I agree, it's a great link, but I have to argue about looking in the
date ordering alone - witness in the top five entries:

>> ...The archive function has, however, undergone functional changes as

>> TSM has progressed to the now *current* TSM Version 4...

>> ...This document addresses the issues a customer may face when
migrating 3590-B tape drives to
>> 3590-E models and migrating to the *new* 256 track format...

lol - I'm sure these are just updates to older docs though - somewhat
reassuring that IBM are keeping their old stock up to date as well as
bringing out new stuff. I'm sure there are quite a few shops out there
still with 3590B1A's kicking around...

Rgds,

David McClelland
Reuters Ltd, London