ADSM-L

Re: slow running windows 2000 client backup

2004-07-14 21:02:18
Subject: Re: slow running windows 2000 client backup
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:02:06 -0700
        It sounds like you may have run the trace using the TSM GUI. This
trace is only produced if you are running the TSM command line version of
the backup/archive client. Try running the trace again, this time using
dsmc.exe instead.
        Also, Richard mentioned that this is a journal based backup you're
attempting, and that you are getting NpOpen timeout errors. Can you send me
the jbberror.log file that you have for this client? There were some recent
code fixes in this error on the client, that were fixed at level 5.2.2.10.
Upgrading to this level may be another thing we want to consider here.
        Please let me know if you still are having problems getting the
trace.