ADSM-L

Re: archive problem/question

2004-07-14 10:24:13
Subject: Re: archive problem/question
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:23:53 +0200
Lots of symbolic links?
Archive follows links by default.

                     .-Yes-.
>>-ARCHSYMLinkasfile-+-----+-----------><
                     '-No--'

Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: Cain, Jason (Corporate) [mailto:Jason.Cain AT CONAGRAFOODS DOT COM]
Sent: woensdag 14 juli 2004 16:20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: archive problem/question

I am in the process of doing an archive for the first time of a unix file
system.  The entire node has done backups before, and this is the first archive
of a single file system.  The file system I am archiving has about 100,000
files in it; however the archive has been inspecting over 3,000,000 files and
has taken over a day just to inspect.  Can someone please explain the process
of the first time doing an archive, and if there is a way to speed the process.

Jason Cain