ADSM-L

Re: Temp for cartridges?

2004-07-13 14:42:35
Subject: Re: Temp for cartridges?
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:41:35 -0500

Thanks, this was just what I needed!

Shannon Bach
Operations Analyst
IMS Data Center Services
Madison Gas & Electric Co.

"Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>

07/13/2004 01:35 PM

        To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager on behalf of Shannon Bach
>For the first time in the 5yrs I've been doing TSM, someone has taken an
interest in our designated 'offsite' site. They want to change the know if
there are specific temperature and humidity requirements for the
cartridges.  I must admit to being totally clueless. Anyone out there know
what the ideal temperature & humidity levels for a tape storage room would
be?

72 degrees F (22 Celcius), 40% relative humidity, and a relatively dust-free/lint-free environment.

There is a IBM technical doc on LTO media that discusses this, but I don't have a copy of it and am too tired to look right now.

--
Mark Stapleton