ADSM-L

Re: Netware and TSAFS

2004-07-13 10:23:49
Subject: Re: Netware and TSAFS
From: Tom Anstey <tom.anstey AT MOLECULAR-MEDICINE.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:23:29 +0100
On 13 Jul 2004 at 9:58, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

> Have the issues with TSAFS and TSM been resolved ?

Largely - the problem is I am told really in the server.exe rather
than the TSAFS.NLM, and involved many other backup solutions.  NW65
SP2 is released and has (allegedly) fixed the problem.  TSA5up15.exe
has the latest TSAFS.NLM

> The general concensus was to NOT use TSAFS and stick with TSA600.
>
>From Novell: "Tsa600.nlm will be going away and will be replaced by
tsafs.nlm. In the future, tsa600.nlm will no longer be supported. "

> The readme for TSM client 5.2.3 lists TSAFS for Netware 6.5 but not
> 6.0

TSAFS was developed for NW6.5 not 6.0, but they said that it does
work, but carries no guarantees! They may have done rather more
testing by now.

> Can someone expand on this ?
>
> The reason I ask is that with SP4 (or earlier ?) for Netware 6.0,
> TSAFS is the default !

Again: "Tsa600.nlm will be going away and will be replaced by
tsafs.nlm. In the future, tsa600.nlm will no longer be supported. "

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969042.htm

I hope this helps.

Tom

Tom Anstey