ADSM-L

Strange problem with REGISTER LICENSE on Windows

2004-07-13 05:26:40
Subject: Strange problem with REGISTER LICENSE on Windows
From: Rainer Schöpf <rainer.schoepf AT PROTEOSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:26:13 +0200
I'm running TSM 5.2.2.0 on Windows 2000 Server.

I have a strange problem with license registration: I cannot register
"numbered" licenses, eg. mgsyslan.lic, but "Yes/no" licenses get
registered fine. For example:

tsm: SERVER1>register lic file(mgsyslan.lic) number=15
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR2853I New license information:

tsm: SERVER1>register lic file(drm.lic) number=15
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR2853I New license information:
ANR2860I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager.

This is consistent with the output of Query license or the contents of the
license table.

But: Both license strings appear in the nodelock file.

I tried all *.lic files I have:

tsm: SERVER1>register lic file(*.lic) number=15
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR2860I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager.
ANR2853I New license information:
ANR2860I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager.
ANR2828I Server is licensed to support Tape Library Sharing.
ANR2828I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Data Protection for NDMP.
ANR2828I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Storage Manager for Data
Retention.

As you can see, no "numbered" license is registered.

The same happens with the Windows license wizard: it shows the number of
licenses to be registered, issues the register license command (shown in
the ACTLOG), but the license isn't there.

I tried deleting the nodelock file - no effect.

I'm been staring at the contents of the drm.lic and mgsyslan.lic files,
but cannot see any difference.

O/S date/time is OK.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

 Thanks in advance