ADSM-L

Re: SQL Select Statement Question Please HELP!

2004-07-12 12:58:17
Subject: Re: SQL Select Statement Question Please HELP!
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:58:00 -0600
Hi Calvin,

Yes, it doesn't surprise me that activity log rows numbering in the
millions will take several minutes to process (though 20 minutes does seem
like a long time, but that can also depend on other server activity).
Without knowing more about your intentions and time constraints, I'm not
convinced that you necessarily need to scrap the idea; though I agree that
for real-time alerts this may not be feasible.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/12/2004
09:28:51: