ADSM-L

Re: register license not working

2004-07-12 12:21:32
Subject: Re: register license not working
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:21:52 -0400
Hello All!

My actual problem is at the installation level.  I am entering the proper
registration commands and they did work successfully at one point, but now
it isn't.   Now I am receiving the message:

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR9613W Error loading
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlice
                       nse for Licensing function: A file or directory in
the p
                       ath name does not exist..

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR8285I Shared Memory driver ready for connection
with c
                       lients on port 1510

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR2560I Schedule manager started.

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR0993I Server initialization complete.

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR8190I HTTP driver ready for connection with
clients on
                        port 1580.

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR9648I An EVALUATION LICENSE for 50 of type Tivoli
Space
                       Manager will expire on 08/16/04.

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR9623I An EVALUATION LICENSE for support of Tivoli
Disa
                       ster Recovery Manager will expire on 08/16/04.

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR9648I An EVALUATION LICENSE for 50 of type Tivoli
Data
                        Protection for Oracle will expire on 08/16/04.

06/29/04 21:01:44     ANR9648I An EVALUATION LICENSE for 50 of type Tivoli
Data
                        Protection for MS SQL Server will expire on
08/16/04.
etc,etc.

It is almost as if dsmlicense was deleted.  I cannot find any evidence of
this deletion, but the file doesn't exist in the /bin directory.  All of
the individual licenses are in the /bin directory though.

Does anyone know exactly where the dsmlicense should permanently reside and
how I can get the permanent licensing to work again?  I don't need and
didn't have the evaluation license before this point in time.

Thank you in advance!
********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             David Longo
             <David.Longo@HEAL
             TH-FIRST.ORG>                                              To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: register license not working

             07/12/2004 11:26
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

The register licens ecommand now works a little differently.
Instead of you say having 50 and want 10 more and
using a register command to add 10, you just use the register
command and the value 60.  In other words, what ever value
you use when running register license, that is what you have!

People not used to this can easily lower their license registration.
Also there is no longer licenses registered in groups of 10 or 50.
Just put in the exact value you want in one command.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM 07/12/04 10:13AM >>>
Hey everyone!

I tried to register licenses on our new AIX TSM 5.2.2.5 server and I
noticed that each piece has 50 registered (which I thought was bizarre).  I
tried to register 110 mgsyslan.lic licenses with the following command and
it is not changing...  register license file=mgsyslan.lic number=110  Any
suggestions?  Also,  since when is there a line that states the number of
xxx in try buy mode:0 ?  I've never seen anything like this before...

Number of TDP for Oracle in use: 0
Number of TDP for Oracle licensed: 50
Number of TDP for Oracle in try buy mode: 0

Thanks!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.