ADSM-L

Domino SCOS support

2004-07-12 09:45:31
Subject: Domino SCOS support
From: "Frost, Dave" <Dave.Frost AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:45:11 +0100
Guys,

One of our Domino admins has asked the following. Does anybody know if the
current TDP or future versions of the TDP will support this Domino
functionality.

1. Domino supports a shared mail system (also known as Single Copy Object
Store, or SCOS) - in which documents are transparently shared between
multiple databases, to save disk space. Will Tivoli back up database in a
shared mail system correctly? If we restore a database in a shared mail
system, will it cause issues?
2. Shared templates - effectively the same questions here that I have with
shared mail, really.

Regards,

-=Dave=-
Sungard Vaulting Services