ADSM-L

Re: TDPSQL

2004-07-12 08:16:28
Subject: Re: TDPSQL
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:16:06 -0400
Moses,

This has nothing to do with inactivated and/or expiring data.
It has to do with the deletion of temporary TSM Server objects
that are sometimes created under certain circumstances.

Did you set the BACKDEL=YES parameter for those TSM nodes when
you set them up the on the TSM Server?
The default is NO. The setting should be YES.

In Chapter 3, under section "Configuring the Tivoli Storage
Manager Server" on page 19 of the Data Protection for SQL
User's Guide (5.2.1), it describes that this setting must
be set to YES.

The detailed message text also shows more information:
ACO5458W The TSM Server 'backup delete' setting for node
  (TSM server NODENAME) is set to NO. It should be set to YES for
  proper operation. Processing will continue.

Explanation:
  The TSM Server setting that allows TSM clients to delete their
  own backups is set to NO for the specified NODENAME.
  This value must be set to YES in order for cleanup operations to
  perform successfully. A NO value means that unusable residual data
  may be stored on the TSM Server.

System Action:
  Processing continues.

User Response:
  Make sure the 'backup delete' setting for the
  specified NODENAME is set to YES on the TSM Server. Your TSM Server
  administrator can change this setting for your NODENAME.
  The setting can only be changed on the TSM Server.

You can change this setting for the Data Protection for SQL
nodenames with the following command:

   UPDATE NODE nodename BACKDEL=YES

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/12/2004
07:45:16 AM: