ADSM-L

Re: Novell server abending during incr backup

2004-07-09 11:21:21
Subject: Re: Novell server abending during incr backup
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:49:13 -0600
In the case of a crash, it is doubtful that the TSM logs will show you
anything useful. When the server crashes, what information is displayed or
logged from the crash itself (not logged by TSM, but by the OS)? That is
what you need to look at to start diagnosing. I haven't worked with
NetWare in years, but I would think you'd get information showing which
NLM caused the exception, some kind of exception code, etc. You can try
searching the IBM web site (http://www.ibm.com) or the Novell web site to
see if there are any known problems that match the symptoms. If that
yields nothing, then I think a call to IBM technical support is in order.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/09/2004
07:16:59: