ADSM-L

Maximum database volumes?

2004-07-08 02:04:00
Subject: Maximum database volumes?
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:03:20 +1000
Before I upgrade our TSM server to v5.2 (seems to be taking forever to do due
to small outage windows) I want to reorganise our database volumes so they are
a little more efficient. Is there any recommended maximum number of database
volumes a TSM database should have? Ours is spread across about 20 different
volumes of varying sizes, not the best makeup I am sure, hence why I want to
re-arrange it before hand.

I've looked in the TSM Admin guide and searched IBM support, as well as this
list, but haven't really found anything of help.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.