ADSM-L

Re: 3582 supported on TSM 5.2.2 AIX ?

2004-07-05 08:58:58
Subject: Re: 3582 supported on TSM 5.2.2 AIX ?
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:58:31 +0200
Richard,

the "From" is not applicable for all devices. Therefore, the question
Sascha asked was asked for a reason. Some DLT, AIT and 8mm devices are no
longer supported. However, if you look at them in the "Supported Devices
List", you will get the notion that they are supported.

So the "Supported list" is mostly with the "From" statement, but in some
scenarios, the stated version is the latest version that will work with
the device in question.

Sascha, sometimes there are other reasons why the device wont work. Thats
why you should always check the patch information and the knowledge base
for information regarding your device before down-grading the version of
TSM you're running.

 In 90% of the scenarios when you have problem with a device, its due to a
bug or issue with the device in the code of TSM, and is almost every time
already registred as an APAR with IBM/Tivoli.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
2004-07-05 14:34
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: 3582 supported on TSM 5.2.2 AIX ?

>I just wanted to assure that the IBM 3582 (SCSI)-Library is supported
under
>TSM 5.2.2 (AIX) because "Supported Devices" on IBM-Website tells me:
>
>IBM 3582 Ultrium Scalable                AIX      HPUX    SUN      WIN
>The IBM device driver is required.
>2 Drives 24 Slots                      5.1.6.5  5.1.6.5 5.1.6.5 5.1.6.5
>
>Does this mean that said library is ONLY supported under 5.1.6.5 or is it
>supported FROM 5.1.6.5 ON ?

The explanatory information above the table specifies that the VRML given
is the minimum level.

  Richard Sims