ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle

2004-06-30 05:39:51
Subject: TDP for Oracle
From: John Raj <johnraj AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:37:16 +0530
Hi all,

I have to implement TDP for Oracle at one our customer location right from
TSM.The oracle DB is 8.1.7 on windows NT 4.0. TSM version 5.2.0.0 on
windows 2000. RMAN is not used for backup now.

My problem is the customer is not willing to provide me with a
separate machine for RMAN recovery catalog database. He insists that
RMAN DB also be installed on the same machine where the target DB is
Installed and running.

When I tried the installation in a test m/c I installed Two databases on
the same machine in archive log mode. one named PRODDB and other RCATDB.
Everything went on
fine. When I tried to Mount the target DB which is "PRODDB" in mount mode
it says an oracle error " cannot mount the database in Exclusive mode".

How to go about it in such situation. I have checked in the ORacle forum
sites.
But unable to get a solution.

My requiremnt is to start the database in mount mode which is to be done
for recovery from RMAN.

I hope somebody would have done this already.

thanks in advance

John

The information in this e-mail is the property of DCM DataSystems and may
be confidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and
access of this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended receipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken in reliance of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
receive this message by error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of this message.