ADSM-L

Re: SQL select management classes + node name

2004-06-28 17:29:34
Subject: Re: SQL select management classes + node name
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:19:59 -0600
I can give a couple of examples pretty quickly, but they almost certainly
will not run quickly:

   select distinct class_name
      from backups
      where node_name='YOURNODENAMEGOESHERE'

or, to get info for all nodes:

   select distinct node_name, class_name
      from backups

You can also run the same SQL statements for the ARCHIVES and SPACEMGFILES
tables if you use the archive or HSM functions of TSM.

If you have multiple policy domains, you'll need to know which domain
these are in. Alternatively, you can try something like this:

   select distinct a.node_name, domain_name, class_name
      from backups a, nodes b
      where a.node_name=b.node_name

Note that I have not tested the latter thoroughly to know for sure that it
works, but I'm pretty sure it will work. Just be prepared to wait a while
(probably hours).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/28/2004
12:58:06: