ADSM-L

TSM Server on Linux with 8mm-drive

2004-06-24 10:58:53
Subject: TSM Server on Linux with 8mm-drive
From: Uwe Koch <Uwe.Koch.BS AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:42:11 +0200
Hello,

I'm trying to install a small test server on a linux machine with a single
8mm scsi drive.
When defining the path to the drive (def path server1 8mmdrive1
srctype=server desttype=drive library=manlib device=/dev/st0) I only get
this error :

ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occured while accessing drive 8MMDRIVE1
ANS8001I Return code 15

Using that drive with the linux tool taper works fine.
I use SuSE Linux 9.1 Professional with TSM Server 5.2.2.0

Is there any special SCSI driver to use in this configuration ?
(I know that officially only SuSE 8 Server is supported, but actually I
have no other test machine)

  Mit freundlichen Grüßen

     With best regards

         Uwe Koch