ADSM-L

Re: Unsuccessful attempt to create a restore Test Schedule.

2004-06-24 10:41:35
Subject: Re: Unsuccessful attempt to create a restore Test Schedule.
From: Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:37:34 -0400
Bill,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you are trying to use a Netware
command ("load dsmc") to restore data from one Windows box to another.

Try putting the restore command (something like dsmc restore \\src\c$\*
\\tgt\d$\restore\fromsrc\ ...) you want to run in a batch/script file on
the S2401 system, then changing the schedule's OBJects option to explicitly
reference that filename, including the full path.  Don't forget to quote
the script's filename if the path contains any spaces.

Ted

 I am trying to create Daily Schedule to restore files,
from on node to another , with no success !

06/24/2004 14:45:57      ANR2017I Administrator BILL issued command: UPDATE
                          SCHEDULE MISC RESTORE_S2321_S2401
DESCRIPTION="Daily
                          restore of non database files" ACTION=COMMAND
                          OBJECTS="load dsmc restore -noden=S2321
                          \\S2321\C$\BILL\*
                          \\S2401\C$\BILL -REP=ALL -IFN -SU=YES
                          -PASSW=nnnnnnn"
                          PRIORITY=5 STARTDATE=06/24/2004 STARTTIME=14:45
                          DURATION=10 DURUNITS=MINUTES PERIOD=1
                          PERUNITS=DAYS
                          DAYOFWEEK=THURSDAY EXPIRATION=06/25/2004