ADSM-L

Backup Stgpool did not start

2004-06-23 15:10:19
Subject: Backup Stgpool did not start
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:09:49 -0500
I have a strange problem that I just noticed today - I have not seen it
happen before.  TSM 5.2.1.1 on AIX 5.1ML4.  I noticed that by tape to
tape backup was backing up more data than usual. My script issued the
command

        backup stgpool backuppool copy3592 maxpr=2 wait=no

to do the disk to tape copy, and the processes never started! No error
messages, no indication anything is wrong.  Has anyone ever seen
something like this?  I have no idea what to look at.  Thanks for any
information.