ADSM-L

Re: TSM server down

2004-06-23 10:23:58
Subject: Re: TSM server down
From: Dale Jolliff <Dale.Jolliff AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:18:07 -0400
Thanks for the clarification!

Dale Jolliff
Sungard Midrange Storage Administration
Office Telephone: (856) 566-5022

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
06/23/2004 10:13 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

>On another topic,
>      4              Date of accounting (mm/dd/yyyy).  Has leading
zeroes.
>      5              Time of accounting (hh:mm:ss).  Has leading zeroes.
>
>in the accounting log, there is a date and time stamp.  Is that from the
>beginning of the session in reference, or is that the time the session
>completed and the accounting log updated?
>In calculating elapsed time of the session, would you subtract the
elapsed
>seconds from the Accounting Date or add it?

'Morning, Dale -

I've improved that doc to better explain:

      4     Date of accounting (mm/dd/yyyy) - which is to say, when the
session
            ended. Corresponds to session-end ANR0403I message date in the
TSM
            server Activity Log.  Has leading zeroes (e.g., 06/23/2004).
            See also field 21.
      5     Time of accounting (hh:mm:ss) - which is to say, when the
session
            ended. Corresponds to session-end ANR0403I message time in the
TSM
            server Activity Log.  Has leading zeroes (e.g., 06:44:17).
            See also field 21.

     21     Duration of the session, in seconds.  Example:  "18838".
            You might subtract this from the field 4,5 values to determine
when
            the session started - which should correspond to the ANR0406I
            session started message in the TSM Activity Log.

Of course, TSM backups in general involve a "control session" and a "data
session" (like in the FTP protocol), where the control session envelops
the data
session: you'll see two end of session records for a node, where the
latter is
the control session.  Multi-session backups should have multiple data
sessions.

  Richard Sims