ADSM-L

Re: Automated Backup Client restore to different node.

2004-06-22 10:13:54
Subject: Re: Automated Backup Client restore to different node.
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:13:16 -0500
I'm in the process of doing that exact thing, although it doesn't work
quite right yet for reasons unknown.  I setup a backup schedule that has
the required folders in the "Objects" field (i.e. Vol1:\data\share\*).
I put "-subdir=yes" in the options field.

For the restore, I created a Restore Schedule with the target path in
the "objects" field (i.e. Vol1:\data\share\* server2/vol1:\data\share\
).  In the "options" field I used "-ifnewer -subdir=yes".

I associated all these automated schedules to the source node, not the
target.  The caveat here is, mine doesn't seem to work right either,
yet.  So if someone would like to illuminate the flaw in my master-plan,
that'd be great.

>>> bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM 6/22/2004 7:56:22 AM >>>
Hi,

I have been asked to restore a couple of directories
(excluding *.nsf & *.ntf files) to our emergency server
automatically via a Daily Schedule. ( I could use replace
if newer, may be !)

Is it possible bearing in mind I am restoring to a different node ?
On will node should the Schedule run ?
How do I achieve this ?
Does anyone have a script of some sort ?

TSM Server for Windows 5.2.2.0

T.I.A

Bill

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.