ADSM-L

Re: More versions of imagebackups

2004-06-22 07:24:16
Subject: Re: More versions of imagebackups
From: Tsm Lover <l_ambient AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:24:00 -0700
Hi Stefan,

Versions data deleted is nothing to do with this. It Specifies the maximum
number of backup versions to retain for files that have been deleted from the
client file system after being back up using Tivoli Storage Manager. You can
verify your managment class in GUI ,it is displayed against each backed up file.
If u have changed some settings in Management class ,then do't forget to
Validate and Activate your policy set.
If you have more than one mgmt in a policy domain and u have't specified
anything  at client level,by default all backups of that client will go to the
defaultmanagement class.
so check the .opt file of the client for proper mgmt class .

"Weichler, Stefan" <Stefan.Weichler AT HUK-COBURG DOT DE> wrote:
Hello,

i`m very new in TSM yet.

I have following problem or question:

Our Windows-Team do Imagebackups of some of their boxes.
When they look at the GUI they see only one version of Imagebackups. (In
inactive view too.)
They use no special managementclass but also our standard-managementclass for
Windows2000.

I have the following settings on the backupcopygroup in this managementclass:

Versions Data Exists 5
Versions Data Deleted 1
Retain Extra Versions 30
Retain Only Version 60

My question is, do i have to arise the parameter "Versions Data Deleted" to
store more than one image?

Becaus it`s a little bit strange for me to set the parameter higher that
concerns the files of the windows-box.

Thanks.

Best Regards
Stefan