ADSM-L

Restore Oracle

2004-06-21 16:05:27
Subject: Restore Oracle
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:04:23 -0500
Hi all, we are in the process of moving our Oracle Db to a new Unix
machine running Solaris for the OS. We have always used the same OS and
Unix, but we are going to a bigger and faster machine. The IP will stay
the same. The hostname will stay the same as well. Our plan is to just
do a Archive of all the Oracle file systems on Friday night. I have
already loaded TSM client on the new box, which is not on the network.

After the Archive Friday night, we plan on switching to the new Unix
box, adding it to the network and test simple backup and restore. If all
goes well, start the retrieve from the Archive and be done. Do you see
any problems with this? I did not mention that the Solaris OS and file
systems are identical on both Unix machines. If this seems ok, my other
question is, can I restore the TDP for Oracle from TSM, or do I have to
reinstall the TDP? It may be just as easy to install the TDP, but just
wondered...Sorry for the long text.

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us