ADSM-L

Re: Collocating and TDP for ORACLE

2004-06-21 07:50:26
Subject: Re: Collocating and TDP for ORACLE
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:50:02 -0400

No, no way to do it.  TSM is acting just as you've told it to do - use the
minimal number of tapes for the node.  You either need to turn off
collocation, or have a separate storage pool for the Oracle backups to go
to (new management class, at least, but we put the Oracle/TDP nodes in a
different domain all together) that is not collocated.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

He who laughs last has a good backup.

             Abdulaziz
             Almuammar
             <amuammar@KFSHRC.                                          To
             EDU.SA>                   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Collocating and TDP for ORACLE
             .EDU>

             06/21/2004 02:15
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

Hi guys,
I have TSM server 5.1.5 with TDP 2.2.0 for ORACLE on AIX 5.1.5. I have 3494
tape library with 4 tape drives and I am using the collocating feature. the
DBA uses 4 channels on his script to do the backup
The problem is when I turn the collocating on , only one channel will do
the backup and the others will wait and when I turn it of all the 4
channels will backup at the same time.
Can anyone tell my if there is a way to backup the DB with 4 channels and
with collocating on?

Regards,
Abdulaziz Almuammar

GIF image