ADSM-L

Re: Rename of Client server

2004-06-17 15:40:54
Subject: Re: Rename of Client server
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:39:43 -0500

Okay, I was really wrong!  I think I'm going to have to reinstall a new client?  It turns out this is a Win2K, not NW like I was
told the first time.  Which means that the registry will have to be updated, so I think that means I'm going to have to reinstall a client.  Do you think that would work?  Then I can still give it the same node name and they will still be able to restore from the old backups?  Or is that wishful thinking....    Any other ideas?

Shannon

Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
Office 608-252-7260
Fax 608-252-7098
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com

Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>

06/17/2004 12:54 PM