ADSM-L

TSM OS390 server and Cisco SIP router

2004-06-15 16:50:36
Subject: TSM OS390 server and Cisco SIP router
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:49:00 -0400
Anyone care to share some experiences with a Cisco SIP router on a z800
mainframe? I'm working at a client site that has this configuration and the
ANS4966I message are only should a 200-400KB/sec network throughput rate for
client sessions. Disk to tape migration runs at 3590E speed, but backups are
extremely slow.. The ESCON channel for the SIP is showing 98% utilized
during the backup window. The front-end of this is 100MB Ethernet.

The nightly backup is averaging 190GB and it just isn't finishing.

Bill Boyer
"An Optimist is just a pessimist with no job experience."  - Scott Adams