ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade server 3.7.4 to 5.2

2004-06-14 10:19:03
Subject: Re: Upgrade server 3.7.4 to 5.2
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:18:12 -0700
I just did this in test, Seems to work fine,
Specific upgrade instructions for 3.7 to 5.2
are given on Pg. 34 of the quickstart guide.
Be sure to edit and run tsmfixup.cmd as noted
in the guide. Instructions for editing are
embeded as comments in the file.

You'll also need to delete and redefine your
libraries, so read up on define library,
define drive and define path in the
Admin guide and Admin reference.
(I tried element=autodetect, but it didn't
work with my library, and I had to provide
the number, have this info handy)