ADSM-L

Antwort: TSM 5.1.9, delete filespace and restore of the deleted data

2004-06-14 07:20:19
Subject: Antwort: TSM 5.1.9, delete filespace and restore of the deleted data
From: Stefan Gocke <Stefan.Gocke AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:19:08 +0200
I've been through that situation with two of my customers.

It was about 450GB of archived data which had to exported (using 3590-E1A
tape drives). It took about 4 hours to bring up an old version of the
database (we couldn't use a different TSM server an connect it to some
drives and there was not enough space to bring up a second TSM instance at
those customers), then it took about 20 hours to export the data, then
bring the original TSM database back online. Be carefull that you don't
get TSM client sessions running and deactivate all TSM client and admin
schedules so that no tapes are being overwritten. At that old TSM database
time tapes that were scratch then will be with data at the aktual TSM
time. At least get a full and consistent set of OFFSITE Copy Pool Tapes
before going "back in time". In a time frame of 20 hours something will be
missed and the wrong tapes could be overwritten, so consistent OFFSITE
data is essential.

If you have more question, you can always call or email me directly.

Stefan Gocke

Gocke IT Solutions
Maurerweg 5
D-85649 Brunnthal, Germany

Tel: +49(0)8102-897789      Fax: +49(0)8102-897738
Mobil: +49(0)172-6841213
email: Stefan.Gocke AT t-online DOT de

Tivoli Certified Consultant - TSM V5.1
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert AIX V4 and V5

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> schrieb am 14.06.2004
12:53:22: