ADSM-L

Hey Big Blue....Why not MOVE DATA across copy pools?!?

2004-06-09 12:53:02
Subject: Hey Big Blue....Why not MOVE DATA across copy pools?!?
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:52:31 -0400
As luck would have it, the nodes I moved were large file servers and my
copy pool is not collocated. I probably have data spread across 600
volumes. I think I'll pass on bringing them back....

This is by no means a "new" frustration for many folks.  Any idea why old
big blue hasn't tried to add this functionality?  The process of migrating
data to new media is severely handicapped by the lack of flexibility to
MOVE DATA across copy pools.

Dave Nicholson
Whirlpool Corporation

"Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
06/09/2004 12:19 PM