ADSM-L

Re: Issue with Exchange 2000 copy and db copy command modifying logs

2004-06-08 13:41:39
Subject: Re: Issue with Exchange 2000 copy and db copy command modifying logs
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:41:10 -0400
Dean,

You should be able to run a COPY or DBCOPY backup without
affecting your FULL plus INCREMENTAL backup scheme.
Something else must be going on here. Are there any
maintenance tasks that might be running in between
the COPY and the next INCREMENTAL backup? (like DEFRAG?)
You said that you see an error message in the
application event log but you didn't mention that
the TDPEXCC BACKUP * INCR command fails with an error message.
Does it? If so, what exact Data Protection for Exchange message
are you seeing?

BTW.. .with COPY type backups, you can bind the backups
to a different management class so they are retained
with different policy settings. For example:

   INCLUDE "SERVER3\...\copy" MC_MONTHLY_CLASS

where "SERVER3" is the Exchange Server name and
MC_MONTHLY_CLASS is the management class you have set up for
monthly Exchange backups.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/08/2004
11:42:38 AM: