ADSM-L

Issue with Exchange 2000 copy and db copy command modifying logs

2004-06-08 12:02:21
Subject: Issue with Exchange 2000 copy and db copy command modifying logs
From: Dean Edmonds <Dean.Edmonds AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:42:38 +0100
TSM server ver 5.2.1.1
TSM B A Client 5.2.2.5 TDP for Exchange 5.2.0
TSM B A Client 5.2.0.6 TDP for Exchange 5.2.0
TSM B A Client 5.1.5.15 TDP for Exchange 5.1.5

I have three Exchange 2000 servers all showing the same issue

To enable me to get a month end backup I have scheduled a "copy" to run on
the 1st day of the month
I use a "copy" so as not to affect the full & incremental daily backups I
run

Full runs on Wednesday Incr (log backup) runs every day

Either copy * or dbcopy * work as expected but any subsequent log backup
the application event log indicates log files are missing or corrupt

"tdpexcc.exe backup * copy /tsmoptfile=%exc_dir%\monthly_dsm.opt
/logfile=%exc_dir%\excschmth.log >> %exc_dir%\\excmth.log" or
or "tdpexcc.exe backup * DBcopy* /tsmoptfile=%exc_dir%\monthly_dsm.opt
/logfile=%exc_dir%\excschmth.log >> %exc_dir%\\excmth.log" or

Has anyone seen this before on all of these versions of client
I know there is a new command for exchange 2000 called DBCopy and I have
only attempted using this on one server through the GUI but then I tried an
Incremental and the same old message appears
All Exchange servers are Windows 2000 SP3 Exchange 2000 SP3 (including the
post SP3 sept update)

Does anyone else do 1 off backups of their exchange servers (month ends or
year ends)

Thanks
Dean