ADSM-L

Licensing issues when moving server

2004-06-08 04:36:18
Subject: Licensing issues when moving server
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:33:06 +1000
I was just trying to move one of our TSM servers to a new machine today, but
when it came to re-registering the licenses I kept getting the following errors:

ANS8000I Server command: 'register license file(50mgsyslan.lic)'
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

This happened for all the licenses I was trying to reregister.

>From my hazy recollection, we only used the TSM v4.2.2.5 server download from
>the IBM FTP support site on the initial installation and I re-used that same
>server package today to reinstall on the new server. Now at the time we were
>initially using an original TSM v4.1.2 CD but then decided to use the newer
>version, so no update/upgrade was performed as we did a fresh install.

What do I need to do to get around this licensing issue without uninstalling
TSM off the new server and reinstalling? In the end I had to rollback to the
old TSM server and have another crack at it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Gordon Woodward
Wintel Server Support

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.