ADSM-L

Re: restore causing mount tape to status reserved?

2004-06-07 07:43:53
Subject: Re: restore causing mount tape to status reserved?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:43:35 +0200
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:51:19 -0500
Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU> wrote:

> TSM 5.1.6.5 on windows 2K server.
>
> When I run a simple restore, nothing that I haven't done a hundred
> times before, the restore hangs after a minute or two, and doesn't do
> squat, forever. The only thing I notice is the q mount command shows
> something odd:
>
> tsm:>q mount
> ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class LTOCLASS1, status:
> RESERVED. ANR8334I         1 matches found.
>
> I've never set anything in the server to be 'reserved'. This is
> happening completely unexpectedly. I have no idea on what to do, as
> the actlog shows zipo on this error. I don't even think TSM thinks
> it's an error.
>
> I will work on it in the monring, but maybe someone has a quick fix.
> Didn't find one in the list...

It sounds like your restore process needs a tapedrive but no drives are
on-line...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams