ADSM-L

restore causing mount tape to status reserved?

2004-06-06 22:51:37
Subject: restore causing mount tape to status reserved?
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:51:19 -0500
TSM 5.1.6.5 on windows 2K server.

When I run a simple restore, nothing that I haven't done a hundred times
before, the restore hangs after a minute or two, and doesn't do squat,
forever. The only thing I notice is the q mount command shows something
odd:

tsm:>q mount
ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class LTOCLASS1, status: RESERVED.
ANR8334I         1 matches found.

I've never set anything in the server to be 'reserved'. This is happening
completely unexpectedly. I have no idea on what to do, as the actlog shows
zipo on this error. I don't even think TSM thinks it's an error.

I will work on it in the monring, but maybe someone has a quick fix.
Didn't find one in the list...

Any ideas?

Alex