ADSM-L

Common Store and Tivoli

2004-06-04 08:51:51
Subject: Common Store and Tivoli
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:31:30 -0400
Hello,

We are looking to integrate Common Store into our environment utilizing
Tivoli as our backend archive restore/retrieval process.   What I would
like to know from any of you is, what other environments are doing?

In order to meet different sla's set for our environment, Is anyone
setting up a separate instance of TSM for content manager?
How do you parse out the Tape Library drives, slots?

Background Info.

Our 3584 Tape library due up on lease shortly, we are looking to expand
more tape drives, upgrading library to bring it up to a minimum of a 12
tape drive to increase our performance and capacity overall and to assist
for email archiving.

3584 TSM Server -Version 5.1.6.5, on AIX RS/6000
103 window clients
Lotus Notes TDP 5.1.5.0
Lotus Notes Release 5.0.11

Thank You,
Nancy L Backhaus

Phone: (716) 887-7979  Email: backhaus.nancy AT healthnow DOT org
Pager: (716) 470-0141   Page: page.backhaus AT healthnow DOT org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.