ADSM-L

Re: Offsite tapes

2004-06-03 18:07:19
Subject: Re: Offsite tapes
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:03:57 +1000
We do our offsite vaulting slightly differently. We run two TSM servers, each
located at different locations, and use one of our TSM servers purely for
offsite storage. Each server is a 'server node' of the other and backup each
TSM database to the other server. After each nightly backup, we copy all the
changed data from our primary storage pools and send it to the other server for
offsite vaulting. This frees us from having to handle tapes and makes the
process much easier.

Gordon

                      creimer@IMPACTOW.
                      COM.BR                   To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected].        Subject:  Offsite tapes
                      EDU

                      03/06/2004 10:07
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Hi,

We start moving our backup system solution to TSM and in our actual backup
system we daily move backup tapes used last night to an offsite building
and I would like to know how can we address this process with TSM.

Thanks in advance!

Reimer
creimer AT impactow.com DOT br / www.quicksoft.com.br
Fone: (47) 231-6500 - Fax: (47) 231-6515

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.