ADSM-L

Delete Offsite Copy Storage Pool

2004-06-02 15:01:51
Subject: Delete Offsite Copy Storage Pool
From: David Browne <dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:00:59 -0400
I'm running TSM 5.1.7.0 server  on ZOS.    The clients are Novell, Windows
and AIX (around 400 total).

Backups are to mainframe DASD.  The primary onsite tape pool is an STK VTS.
Backups are collocated by filespace, and we keep 3 versions of active
files.
Our copy storage pool is stored offsite, and filespaces are not collocated.

Our disaster administrator asked if we could do away with the offsite copy
storage pool.    They would duplex the VTS's backend 9840 tapes and send
those offsite, eliminating the need for TSM's copy--storage-pool
processing.

Has anyone done this before or have any thoughts on that?

it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy
the material/information.