ADSM-L

Re: Question for you 3494 gurus -

2004-06-01 19:33:36
Subject: Re: Question for you 3494 gurus -
From: "Thorson, Paul" <Paul.Thorson AT MCKESSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:16:42 -0400
Hi Wanda,

Glad that worked.  I worked in a large 3494 shop a few years ago and learned
then how the recovery cell can be quite effective in fixing problems.  I was
surprised to find that even the IBM tape operators were trained to recreate
a bar code label and put it on a new tape for insertion into the recovery
cell if the Library Manager was unhappy about the status of a certain tape.
In other words, no manual updating of the LM's inventory allowed - even if
the tape is lost or destroyed.

Regards,

- Paul