ADSM-L

report of usage by file type?

2004-06-01 15:37:33
Subject: report of usage by file type?
From: Mike Eggleston <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:36:37 -0500
With much patience from my TSM admin I have learned that the
dsmc command 'query backup' will generate a list of files. I
started to write the script on unix to query the database for
all nodes, but the server tells me the client is down-release
and so will not show me the node's files. I moved my scripts
to a windows node, but the dsmadmc command is not available on
the windows now.

Is there an easy way, and what is the command, to generate a
list of files stored in the tape library?

My goal is to generate justification to tighten the inclexcl.list
files to prevent things like *.mp3 files, etc.

Mike