ADSM-L

Question for you 3494 gurus -

2004-06-01 14:51:22
Subject: Question for you 3494 gurus -
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:50:51 -0400
OK, I"ve never seen this one before!

I was trying to track down a missing TSM scratch tape.
The library manager DB SEARCH says it is IN the 3494, but it's current
category code is FF10, which is the EJECT category.

mtlib -qV  -Vnnnnnn -l  libname

shows "volume in process of being ejected".

Well, it isn't!  And nothing shows up in the eject queue on the library
manager.
I have ejected other tapes today with no problem.

And if I use mtlib to try and CHANGE the category code again, I get "Change
Category operation failed, volume in use".
It has been this way for weeks, based on the last entry I see for it in the
TSM activity log.

Any idea how I fix this?

Thanks!